11 Stages of Super Bowl Sunday, as told by Groundhog Day
1. Wake up earlier than you ever would on a Sunday. It’s GAME DAY.
2. Make one last run to the grocery store for beer and hot sauce. Race home.
3. Start drinking. Nervously watch the 6-hour pre-game analysis on ESPN.
4. Your buddies start arriving. Overreact to pre-game trash talking against your team.
5. Let the nerves build during the national anthem, in preparation for kick-off. Try to remain calm.
6. Eat until you can’t eat anymore. Almost have a nervous breakdown.
7. Watch in disbelief as your team fumbles the ball over and over and over again.
8. Ignore the halftime commentary suggesting your team can’t recover for a win.
9. Take the gravity of this game to a whole new level.
10. Take credit for it when your team wins.
11. And if they lose, you are perfectly entitled to take it out on everything on Monday.
Do you think border patrol agents who stop illegal immigrants should talk to the… →